If you ever found yourself craving something sweet, healthy and macro friendly, these oats cookies are the best choice.
The preparation time for this recipe is 10 minutes and another 12-15 for baking. Actually, if you are fast enough you can even wash the dishes in this time.
These oats cookies can be used for dessert or as a snack.
50 g Butter
30 g 0 calories Sugar (we used erytritol)
2 Medium eggs
50 g Whole wheat flour
150 g Quick cooking oats (smaller bits)
75 g Old fashion oats (normal bits)
1/2 tbsp Baking powder
1 tbsp Cinnamon
100 g Apple sauce
1/2 tbsp Salt
50 g Cranberries
20 g Dark chocolate
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit (180° Celsius)
- In a bowl combine together the oats (both versions), flour, baking soda, cinnamon and the salt
- In another bowl (use a large one here) using a mixer cream together the sugar and butter until it becomes fluffy. Then add the eggs, vanilla, apple sauce and mix it together.
- Add the flour mixture and mix everything together until it becomes a homogeneous mixture
- Fold in the dried cranberries and the chocolate (break the chocolate into small pieces)
- Using a cooking scoop, arrange pieces of dough on a baking sheet. Make sure they are not too thick. You can add more chocolate on top if you like.
- Bake into the oven until you see the edges become golden, around 12-15 minutes.
The macronutrients for this recipe are (per 100 g):
10 g proteins
12 g fats
40 g carbohydrates
These numbers can vary depending on the ingredients you use.
Make sure you tell us if you liked this recipe!